Symphony Space Presents Two ‘Just Kidding’ Concerts to Celebrate the Season on December 15 and 29
Saturday, December 15, 11 am
Elizabeth Mitchell and You Are My Flower
plus special musical guests
Tickets: $15 to $25
Always one of the most anticipated shows of the Just Kidding season, Elizabeth Mitchell creates gentle, heartfelt music that transfixes audiences of all ages with homespun renditions of great songs by Woody Guthrie, Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix, David Bowie, The Velvet Underground, and more! The quiet sweetness and intimacy of her concerts cement her as a favorite artist whose music will be remembered for years to come.
Mitchell’s 2012 release, Little Seed: Woody Guthrie Songs won Gold Awards from both Parents’ Choice and NAPPA, and a Platinum Award from the Oppenheim Toy Porfolio. The concert celebrates the release of a new Smithsonian Folkways Recordings CD called Blue Clouds.
Symphony Space members will stay after the show for a special holiday cookie decorating event.
For more information, visit www.youaremyflower.org.
Catch Elizabeth, Daniel and Storey performing “Blue Clouds” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBSM8WgAyf4&feature=youtu.be&a.
“One of kids’ music most gentle and empathetic voices.” — Zooglobble
“Mitchell’s music has a purity and beauty that transcends the children’s genre.” -Los Angeles Daily News
“Without question, a kindie star.” – National Public Radio
December 29, 11 am
Uncle Rock’s Holiday Show
Tickets: $13 to $20
Robert Burke Warren has performed the lead in the hit musical “Buddy: The Buddy Holly Story” in London’s West End, but these days he’s more likely to bring people all ages together in a singing and dancing.
Join America’s favorite faux-relative for a performance filled with Beatles-esque hooks, Grimm’s Fairy Tales depth, and Woody Guthrie folksiness. Uncle Rock’s trio will present a holiday hootenanny featuring songs from the critically-acclaimed CD “Express Your Elf” plus other rocking tunes.
Learn more about Uncle Rock at www.unclerock.com, and catch him singing
“Good ol’ rock-n-roll with deep earthy bass lines, jangly acoustic guitar and a voice that can go all Elvis-y or Buddy Holly on a moment’s notice.” – Cool Mom Picks
“For kids’ music with an edge, Uncle Rock is your go-to guy!” -NY Post
Symphony Space Just Kidding series is offering a set of 2 tickets to each show to one of our readers! Follow them on Facebook to enter and let us know that you did so.
For additional entries:
1)Please follow our Does Mommy Love It? Pinboards
2)Post this contest on your facebook wall
3)Subscribe to Does Mommy Love It? then leave a comment stating you did so.
4)Tweet about the contest and leave us a hyperlink to the tweet!
5) If you haven’t, please join our FACEBOOK FAN PAGE!
This contest ends December 13th & 20th, at Midnight EST. Click here for our contest rules at DoesMommyLoveIt.com.
- Symphony Space Presents Two ‘Just Kidding’ Concerts to Celebrate the Season on December 15 and 29
- Animal Tales Extravaganza Weekend Event with Disney's Choo-Choo Soul at the Bronx Zoo
- Bronx Zoo Summer 2012 LEGO® WILDLIFE FOREST Exhibit and Building Zone Open from July 7 – September 3, 2012
- Boo at the Zoo Returns to the Wildlife Conservation Society’s Bronx Zoo
- Animal Tales Extravaganza Opening Weekend at The Bronx Zoo
- Ascarium: A Pirate Adventure at the NY Aquarium
- Animal Tales Extravaganza Presents Meet the Marvel’s Avengers: Heroes Saving the Earth at the Bronx Zoo
- Wildlife Conservation Society’s New York Aquarium Opens New 1,500-Square-Foot Exhibit On World Oceans Day