February 23rd, 2011
If you thought your kids couldn’t get any cuter, you were wrong! Check out these clever and adorable animal hoodies from Zoodies. Inspired by her sons’ enthusiasm for dressing up (and her enthusiasm not to have them in Halloween costumes every day) mom and creator, Carlee Barnes, starting sewing these imaginative zip-ups.
Zoodies are made using American Apparel zip-up sweatshirts and then embellished with soft felt (for monkeys and ladybugs) or polyester fur (for horses and skunks). For those who are unfamiliar, American Apparel is manufactured in Los Angeles and works hard to minimize outsourcing.
I received the Ladybug Zoodie and was impressed with several things. First, it’s as cute as can be and my daughter, Mercy, was so excited to put it on (laybug!). The hoodie is super soft and warm. I was a little concerned with the durability of the embellishments but a couple of spins in the wash and I was completely satisfied. The website recommends line drying anything with a polyester mane or fur but most felted animals can go right in the dryer. I also washed mine inside-out to help preserve the integrity.
There is literally a Zoodie for everyone! There are dinosaurs, ballerina mouses (for the tiny Angelina fans) and skunks, just to name a few. Zoodies come in sizes 3 months to 11 years old – hey, she’s even making adult Zoodies, so go crazy! One of my very favorite things about Zoodies is you can send special requests. If there is an animal you don’t see, or colors you would rather have (a pink dinosaur perhaps or a purple monkey), simply send Carlee a message in the checkout options and she will do it!
Please do not get one of these if you are afraid of talking to strangers. Every single time Mercy wears this out, we get stopped to find out where we got our Zoodie.
For additional entries:
1) Subscribe to Does Mommy Love It? then leave a comment stating you did so.
2) Twitter about the contest and leave us a hyperlink to the tweet!
3) If you haven’t, please join our FACEBOOK FAN PAGE!
4) Write a post on your own blog about this giveaway and comment with the permalink to this post.
5) Grab our button and put it on your sidebar and comment with a link to your blog.
6) Email 5 of your friends and tell them why they should check out DoesMommyLoveIt?. Be sure to COPY us on the email (firstname.lastname@example.org)! Then comment stating you did so.
This contest ends April 10th, 2011 Midnight EST. Click here for contest rules at DoesMommyLoveIt.com!
This review is based strictly my opinion. Others may have a different opinion or experience with the product listed above. No compensation was received for this review.